Tips for a Healthier Heart in Kansas City & Overland Park
LBA Air Conditioning, Heating & PlumbingRated 4.8 out of 6892 reviews
Did you know that cardiovascular disease is responsible for over 17 million deaths each year? In fact, it is the leading cause of death in the U.S. Fortunately, doctors agree that most types of cardiovascular disease can be prevented through lifestyle choices that help reduce one’s risk factors.
So as we celebrate World Heart Day, we look at how our environment impacts our ability to make heart-healthy choices at work, at home, and at play.
Here are just a few changes you can make in your own home and community take a stand against cardiovascular disease:
• Ban smoking in your home. It will not only improve your health, but the health of those around you.
• If you are a smoker, pledge to quit smoking. Consider starting a support group for others who might want to join you.
• Stock your fridge and pantry with healthy food choices, like fresh fruit and veggies, and minimally processed snacks.
• Prepare low-salt, low-fat meals using locally sourced, nutrient-dense ingredients.
• See your healthcare professional to discuss your cardiovascular disease risk factors.
On the Go
• Pack healthy lunches and snacks for work or school.
• Ban fast food for 30 days – or longer!
• Instead of taking the car, plan to walk or ride your bike at least once a week to work or to run errands.
• When out and about, park your car farther from your destination, or take the stairs instead of the elevator.
• Encourage your workplace or you child’s school to serve healthier lunch options.
Another way to promote improved cardiovascular health is by cleaning up your indoor air. On average, indoor air is twice as polluted as outdoor air, and indoor air as a known contributor to respiratory and cardiovascular disease.
At LBA, we offer a number of indoor air quality solutions, including whole-house air purifiers and whole-house humidity control systems. For more information or to schedule a free in-home discussion and analysis of your indoor air quality needs, contact your local LBA Heroes today.Tools Every Home Owner Should Have in Kansas City and Prairie Village » « Fall Home Selling Tips in Mission & Olathe