Custom Indoor Air Quality Solutions For Your Kansas City Home
It’s been a long day and you’re finally home, so take a deep breath, and relax. If you are like many of our Kansas City area customers, then you want your home to be a place of relaxation, comfort, health and happiness. Of course, one of the most vital components to a healthy, happy home is clean air. LBA understands that while homes structures are being built “air tight” for increased energy efficiency, these advances can actually increase indoor air quality problems such as:
unhealthy humidity levels
There are several differences between air purifiers and air scrubbers. Air purifiers use filtration systems to filter pollutants and particles out of the air that flows through them. Their filters need to be replaced or washed regularly and placed back in the purifier. On the other hand, air scrubbers are installed inside the HVAC system and affect all of the air in the house. Air scrubbers use UV lights to kill unwanted things like air pollution, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), surface contaminants and more. Air scrubbers require regular maintenance to clean them out.
The main difference between air scrubbers and air purifiers is that air scrubbers are far more effective than air purifiers at cleaning your indoor air. Air scrubbers can remove 99% of surface contaminants and 90% of airborne contaminants from your home’s environment.
To learn more about air scrubbers and how they can improve the air quality in your Kansas City area home, contact us today.
There are some easy steps you can take to improve your indoor air quality in your Kansas City area home.
- Change your air filter and check other household filters like the filter for your vacuum and your dryer vent.
- Check your air ducts. Air ducts are one of the easiest places for dust, dander and mold to accumulate to be redistributed into your air system.
- Use cooking vents. Cooking fumes can be harmful to your lungs. Even electric stoves can release harmful gases that make their way into your bloodstream. When cooking on the stove make sure to use the exhaust vents or even open a window/
- Keep your rugs and carpets clean. Rugs and carpets act as filters trapping particles that fly through the air. Keeping them clean keeps these particles from being released into your air supply.
- Control humidity. The kitchen and bathroom, two rooms where there is a higher moisture level in the air, are likely to see mold and mildew growth thanks to the moist, humid conditions.
To learn more about how to improve your indoor air quality, contact us today.
To get the cleanest air in your Kansas area home you can do things like:
- Ensure your air filter is clean.
- Have your air ducts professionally cleaned.
- Open windows and use exhaust vents when cooking.
- Get indoor plants.
- Keep your house clean.
- Keep humidity levels at a minimum.
To learn more about what you can do to get the cleanest air in your home, contact us today for our Indoor Air Quality services.
At LBA, our passion for your health and comfort drive us to offer customizable indoor air quality solutions. These include:
NEED INDOOR AIR QUALITY ANALYSIS?
Just give us a call and “LBA is on the Way!”
Want to take a deep breath in your home, confident that you are inhaling clean, healthy air? Call LBA at 913.268.6822. Our highly trained technicians will create an indoor air quality solution that removes any contaminants and leaves you with pure, clean air in your Kansas City area home.