How to Make Recycling Fun for Your Kids in Kansas City & Raytown, MO
LBA Air Conditioning, Heating & PlumbingRated 4.8 out of 7572 reviews
The green movement is in full force here in Kansas City, Raytown, and throughout the area. Today, more and more families, retailers, and consumer product companies are paying greater attention to the legacy we leave behind for future generations.
In that spirit, LBA is pleased to offer you a few fun and easy ways to reduce, reuse, and recycle with your family, and ensure that generations ahead have a healthy happy planet to call home.
- Teach your kids the difference between items that can and can’t be recycled. Better yet, take a field trip to your local recycling facility so they can see first-hand what happens to cereal boxes that soda cans that are properly disposed of.
- Teach them that it’s equally important to reduce consumption. That means using less plastics, less water, and less electricity.
- Find creative ways to reuse common items that you no longer need. A plastic baby wipe container is perfect for storing crayons and markers. Old clothing that is not suitable for consignment or hand-me-downs can be given new life, too. From tote bags, to blankets, to cleaning rags and garden stake ties, there are countless ways to reuse your old favorites.
- Turn old greeting cards into new cards, gift tags, or bookmarks.
- Once your child has outgrown his crib mattress, use it to make a reading nook, complete with hanging canopy made from crib sheets.
- Save money and packaging by purchasing pasta, rice, flour, oats, and even spices in bulk. Store them in clean, labeled sauce and condiment jars.
At LBA, we can help you live greener without any loss of comfort or convenience. A new low-flow toilet, for example, will save about 3.5 gallons per flush. For an average family of four, that represents many thousands of gallons of water saved each year. For more information on that and other green plumbing solutions, contact your LBA Heroes today.