From lemon-scented soap and dishwashing liquid, to furniture polish and air fresheners, household cleaning manufacturers know that a little lemon juice can add a clean, refreshing aroma while boosting the cleaning power of their products.
But did you know that you can skip the pricey household cleaners and often get the same, if not better, results with that bright, juicy fruit you may already have on your kitchen counter? Its acidity, bleaching, and disinfecting power make the humble lemon a force to be reckoned. And when you add it to other pantry staples, like baking soda, vinegar, and olive oil, you may never need another commercial cleaner again.
Here are just some of the many ways you can get your home clean and fresh with lemons.
- Add a little lemon juice to olive oil for an easy, natural, and fragrant way to polish wood furniture.
- Remove tough stains from non-porous surfaces by making a paste of lemon juice and baking soda. Scrub the surface and rinse with water.
- Boost the power of your laundry detergent by adding a cup of lemon juice into the wash cycle. Nature’s bleach, it’ll brighter your whites and remove stains without harsh chemicals.
- Banish weeds naturally by spraying them with a generous amount of lemon juice. They should begin to shrivel in a couple of days.
- Add lemon peel to an air tight container, fill with vinegar, and let it sit for at least a week. Pour the liquid into a spray bottle and use it to disinfect door knobs, toilet bowls, and kill airborne germs while freshening up the air.
- Remove hard water stains from chrome bath and shower fixtures by scrubbing them with the cut side of half a lemon.
- Remove stains from carpet and upholstery with lemon juice. Make a paste of lemon juice and salt for more durable fabrics, or saturate gentler fabrics with lemon juice and wash out with water. Just be sure to test an area to make sure colors don’t fade or bleed.
- Clean and polish metal surfaces like stainless steel and copper. Cut a lemon in half, dip it in salt, and scrub.
- Deodorize stinky drains and garbage disposals. Pour lemon juice down a drain and flush with water, or throw lemon peel into the garbage disposal.
Speaking of your drains and garbage disposal, any time you have a clog or other repair issue on your hands, contact LBA for prompt and professional results with your 100% satisfaction guaranteed.